The flexible stainless steel metal hose without insulation and fittings is applied in solar energy and hot water systems. It is supplied rolled around reels with diameter of 800 mm and height of 830 mm. Usually this type of hoses are manufactured with an open pitch of the profile. The external diameters (D), internal diameters (d), pitch of the profile (s) and thickness (t) are: DN12 D=15.8 mm / d=11.8 mm / s=3,6 mm / t=0.15 mm; DN16 D=21.3 mm / d=16.6 mm / s=4,8 mm / t=0.18 mm; DN20 D=26.4 mm / d=20.9 mm / s=5,4 mm / t=0.18 mm; DN25 D=31.7 mm / d=25.3 mm / s=5,5 mm / t=0.20 mm. Minimum bending radii are: DN12 R = 25 mm; DN16 R = 25 mm; DN20 R = 30 mm; DN25 R = 45 mm. The maximum allowable temperature depends on the type of the gasket. For the rubber, it is up to 80°C. The maximum (nominal) pressure is about 20°C and at a higher operating temperature should be reduced by a factor Ct according to Table 4A of BDS EN ISO 10380: 2013. For example, for stainless steel EN1.4404: Ct = 0,74 (100°C), Ct = 0,67 (150°C), Ct = 0,62 (200°C).
Flexible metal hose reel is butt-welded and checked for leaks.
Depending from the diameter of the hose, a reel contains:
- DN12 (1/2”), length 1250 m;
- DN16 (3/4”), length 750 m;
- DN20 (1”), length 500 m;
- DN25 (1 1/4”), length 320 m;
Material of the hose – AISI 316L (ЕN1.4404)
The hose can also be supplied coiled (without the reel) with the following lengths:
- Diameter DN12 (1/2”) – minimal length 25 m, max 100 m;
- Diameter DN16 (3/4”) – minimal length 15 m, max 50 m;
- Diameter DN20 (1”) – minimal length 10 m, max 50 m;
- Diameter DN25 (1 1/4”) – minimal length 10 m, max 25 m;
The ends of the hoses are connected with KES-TAK fittings. The assemble of the fittings is quick and easy. First, measure and cut the desired length of the hose. Then slide the nut over it and press the piston. Next, fit the clamping ring. Finally, insert the gasket and tighten the nut. See foto.
The KES-TAK fittings include:
- DN12 – nut 1/2” covered in Cr- Ni – gasket of asbestos free klingerit – half-ring of: AISI 304 – 10 pieces of type.
- DN16 – nut 3/4” covered in Cr – Ni – gasket of asbestos free klingerit – half-ring of: AISI 304 – 10 pieces of type.
- DN20 – nut 1” covered in Cr – Ni – gasket of asbestos free klingerit – half-ring of: AISI 304 – 10 pieces of type.
The example of the application of flexible stainless steel hose without insulation DN12 and DN16 (loor heating) illustrates the possibilities for manually bending the minimum radius without reduction of the internal opening.